Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers' Day

A man was complaining:

"Oh Lord, please have mercy on me, I work so hard. In the meantime, my wife stays at home. I would give anything if you would grant me one wish. Switch me into my wife, she's got it easy at home. I want to teach her a lesson of how tough a man's life is."

As God was listening, He felt sorry for this soul and granted his wish.

The next morning, the man awoke as a "new woman" at dawn. Under no control of his own, he embarks upon his day.

He makes lunch boxes, prepares breakfast, wakes up the kids for school, puts a load of clothes in the washer, takes the meat out of the freezer, and drives the kids to school. On his way back, he stops at the gas station, cashes a check, pays the electricity and phone bills, picks up some clothes from the cleaners, and quickly goes to the market.

It was 1: 00 o'clock already. He made the beds, took the clothes out of the washer and put another load in. He vacuumed the house, made some rice, went to pick up the kids from school, and had an argument with them on the way home.

As soon as he got home he prepared dinner, fed the kids, and washed the dirty dishes. He hung the damp clothes he had washed on the chairs because it was raining outside. Then he ran in and broke up the kids fighting.

He helped the kids with their homework, watched some TV while he ironed some clothes, gave the kids a bath and put them to sleep.

Of course there were some more duties, and somehow he managed to get them done. Finally at 9:00 o'clock he was so tired, he went to bed, and fell asleep.

The next morning he prays to God once again:

"Oh Lord, what was I thinking when I asked you to grant my wish! I can't take it anymore. I beg you please switch me back to myself, please, oh please."

Then he heard God's voice speaking to him, saying:

"Dear son, of course I'll switch you back into yourself. But there's one minor detail. You will have to wait 9 months because last night you got pregnant."

Medyo sexist ang post ko ngayon. At bakit hindi? Ngayon lang ako makakaganti.

Isipin mo, ang salitang "mother" ay synonymous sa mga salitang "home" at "love". Ang "father" naman ay synonymous sa mga salitang "house" at "discipline"; ang huli'y may 'di pa magandang connotation.

'Pag ang mga anak ko'y nagulat, nalungkot, o nagkaroon ng 'di magandang karanasan, ang bukang-bibig nila ay "Nanay ko!" In fairnes, binabanggit din naman ng nila ang aking pangalan, "Tatay ko...may lakad ako!"

Kanina, sa misa, habang pinagdarasal namin ang mga ina, biglang tumulo ang aking mga luha. Well, mababaw lang talaga ako. Pero, bigla kong naisip, ang mga taong ito, tulad ng aking ina't asawa, ay may mga napakahalagang ginampanan sa ating mga buhay. Sabi nga ng pari, sila ang nagturo sa ating tumayo, maglakad, at magdasal. At, sabi din doon, sila na nag-aruga sa atin ng siyam na buwan sa kanilang sinapupunan, nawa'y kupkupin din natin sila't arugain pagdating ng araw.

Sa lahat ng ina, Happy Mothers' Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment